We Power Electric is your locally owned and operated expert team for when you need quality panel servicing or upgrading. We Power Electric is home of the free surge protector. What this means is we offer a free surge protector and installation alongside every panel/service upgrade or installation, so you can further safeguard your electronics and newly installed service/panel from sudden power surges.
Your electrical panel distributes energy to the various circuits in your home. Significant areas of your home could be affected when this component starts to malfunction. Trust the team that powers your community when you need expert electrical panel upgrades in Deleware.
“We Power Electric was very professional, followed up in a timely manner, and worked tirelessly. I would recommend them to anyone who needs a good electrician!”- Dreama Q.
It can be confusing to decide if a repair or an upgrade is the better choice when your electrical components stop working. We’re here to help you make the right decision.
Here are a few signs that it’s time to upgrade your electrical panel:
- It’s 25+ years old: The national electric code gets updated requirements every three years to ensure the safety of your electrical system. Your system may be outdated and unsafe.
- Lights dim when using appliances: Your aging circuits may not be able to manage the amount of energy today’s devices need. If lights dim when you plug in other appliances, you could have an underlying electrical malfunction or hazard in outdated circuitry. Our professional circuitry work and panel upgrades help your home distribute this energy efficiently without affecting other electrical circuits in the home.
- Not enough outlets: Many older homes lack the number of outlets we need today due to the technological advancements over the years. Upgrading your electrical panel can increase the power in your home ultimately giving you the ability to add more outlets without overloading your panel.
- The panel is warm to the touch: This is a sign that you need immediate service. If your panel is warm to the touch or you smell burning, this can signify damaged or exposed wiring behind your wall. Trust our professionals to diagnose and solve this issue with a repair or upgrade.
Another way to upgrade your electrical system is with the installation of a subpanel. You can benefit from an electrical subpanel if you have high energy requirements in multiple areas of your home, or your main panel’s capacity is full. Areas of high usage that may need a subpanel include garages, sheds, and mother-in-law cottages.
Advantages of subpanels include:
- Convenient: If you’re completing a project in a workshop or accessory dwelling unit (ADU), you don’t want to go through the main home to reset a circuit if it trips. Resetting them is much easier if the panel is near an area requiring high energy.
- Energy efficiency: Shortening the distance of circuitry— especially for high-energy areas like a workshop, EV charger, or secondary dwelling — can save money. Not only does this make your home more energy efficient to lower monthly costs, but it can also save money during installation.
- ADUs: A subpanel can perfectly handle your electrical needs if you’re considering adding an accessory dwelling unit to your home or property. This lets you charge the renter for the energy they’re using instead of an estimate of cost if you’re on the same electrical system.
We Power Electric is here for you, no matter why you may need a panel upgrade. As your locally owned and operated electricians, we work hard to give back to the community with outreach projects and free surge protectors with every panel service or service upgrade. See why our customers trust us time and again by checking out our reviews here.
Keep your family safe with expert panel upgrades in Delaware you can trust. Call us today at (614) 964-5544 for a free quote!